With a manufacturer's suggested retail pricing(1) (MSRP) ranging from $15,605 for the value-oriented Civic DX Coupe to $26,750 for the luxuriously equipped Civic Hybrid with leather-trimmed seating surfaces, the Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ and XM Radio®.
Significant advancements to the new Civic compared to prior year models include increased fuel economy ratings, added refinement throughout, new interactive technologies for personalization and convenience, plus enhancements to performance, ride and interior packaging.
"For nearly forty years, Civic has earned its outstanding reputation by consistently delivering high levels of reliability, fuel efficiency, fun driving character and value beyond what's expected in the segment," said John Mendel, executive vice president of American Honda. "The all-new 2012 Civic improves in multiple ways with even more models to best meet individual preferences and budgets."
The 2012 Civic lineup includes a sedan and a coupe with conventional gasoline models, a new "HF" high fuel-economy version with an EPA-estimated 41 mpg(2) on the highway, two sporty "Si" performance versions, along with one hybrid and a natural gas alternative-fuel variant.
For 2012, all existing Civic models achieve higher EPA fuel-economy ratings(2) compared to the 2011 models, up by as much as 8 percent on the highway in Civic Sedans and Coupes equipped with automatic transmissions.
The Civic Hybrid achieves an EPA-estimated fuel economy rating(2) of 44 mpg city, 44 mpg highway and 44 mpg city/highway combined, making it the most fuel-efficient sedan currently available in the U.S. The Civic Hybrid also introduces the latest generation of the Integrated Motor Assist (IMA®) system - now with a lithium-ion battery for the first time on a Honda hybrid vehicle. Additionally, an entirely new model, the Civic HF, debuts as a value-oriented, high fuel-economy sedan with an EPA estimated highway fuel economy rating(2) of 41 mpg, the highest for a conventional, gasoline-powered vehicle with an automatic transmission.
The 2012 Civic will be offered with several new technologies and features including a 5-inch LCD "intelligent" Multi-Information Display (i-MID), which provides access to multiple customizable features. Additionally, all new Civic models except the Civic Si, receive Eco Assist™ technology, an innovation that can enhance efficient vehicle operation while providing feedback to promote more-efficient individual driving styles.
Safety on the Civic remains a top priority and the new model features a wide variety of standard equipment including Honda's exclusive Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure for enhanced frontal collision energy management and vehicle-to-vehicle frontal crash compatibility. Standard safety equipment includes VSA® that integrates with the new Motion Adaptive Electric Power Steering (EPS) system; dual-stage, multiple-threshold front airbags; front side airbags with occupant position detection system (OPDS); side curtain airbags; and a 4-channel anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist. The 2012 Civic is anticipated to score well in both the federal government's New Car Assessment Program(3) (NCAP) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety(4) (IIHS) vehicle evaluations2012 Civic Highlights:
- Six completely redesigned models, including the sporty Civic Si (coupe and sedan), well-equipped and technologically advanced Civic Sedan and Civic Coupe, plus the highly fuel-efficient Civic HF, Civic Hybrid and Civic Natural Gas (formerly Civic GX)
- Advanced safety systems include the Honda-exclusive Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE)™ Body Structure for frontal collision energy management and vehicle-to-vehicle crash compatibility and a long list of standard safety equipment including side curtain airbags, driver's and front passenger's side airbags, Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) and anti-lock braking
- Streamlined, expressive "mono-form" exterior styling with clean, flowing lines
- Roomier interior delivers more style and convenience
- Available technology features include a new 5-inch color LCD intelligent Multi-Information Display (i-MID), USB Audio Interface, Bluetooth HandsFreeLink, Bluetooth streaming Audio, and a new Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition and FM Traffic
- New powertrain technologies include a refined 1.8-liter engine with enhanced fuel economy, a larger and more powerful 2.4-liter Civic Si engine and a new version of Civic Hybrid IMA system that implements a lithium-ion battery
The 2012 Civic model lineup is comprised of:
- Civic Sedan (Civic DX, Civic LX, Civic EX and Civic EX-L)
- Civic Coupe (Civic DX, Civic LX, Civic EX and Civic EX-L)
- High-efficiency and value-oriented Civic HF (new)
- High-performance Civic Si Sedan and Civic Si Coupe
- Ultra-efficient Civic Hybrid (with new Lithium-Ion batteries)
- Ultra-clean Civic Natural Gas, previously known as Civic GX (available at qualified dealers nationwide)
(1) MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $750.00 destination charge and options. Dealer prices may vary.
(2) Based on 2012 EPA mileage estimates. Use for comparison purposes only. Do not compare to models before 2008. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
(3) Preliminary results determined by Honda. Final results were not available at the time of printing. Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA's) New Car Assessment Program. Vehicles tested under this program cannot be compared to Model Year 2010 and earlier vehicles. Ratings should only be compared to similar ratings on Model Year 2011 and later vehicles (if rated under the new program). For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov. Models tested with standard side airbag.
(4) Government star ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA's) previous New Car Assessment Program (www.safercar.gov) ending with 2010 models. Models tested with optional side airbag.