The results of the latest automotive shootout from Cars.com, USA Today, and "Motor Week" are in, and we here at DCH Honda of Temecula are here to relay them to you. The latest competition from the three publications pits six compact SUV models against each other for two rounds of intense testing; one by a group of professional drivers and critics, and the other by a casual family that's looking to get the biggest bang for their buck on the road.
As you may have already deciphered it by the title of this post, the winner of the "Compact SUV Shootout" for models under $25,000 is the 2012 Honda CR-V. Of course, we're guessing you may be interested in knowing exactly why it won the contest. Feel free to have a look at the specs below, then contact us to arrange a test drive at 26755 Ynez Road - Temecula, CA 92591.
2012 Honda CR-V At a Glance
- Engine: In-Line 4-Cylinder
- Transmission: Five-speed automatic
- Performance: 185 horsepower and 163 lb.-ft. of torque
- Drivetrain: Available in front- or all-wheel drive- EPA Fuel Economy Rating: 23 mpg city/31 mpg highway/26 mpg combined* (front-wheel drive model)
- Seating Capacity: Seats up to five passengers comfortably
- Passenger Volume: 104.1 cubic feet
- Cargo Volume: 37.2 cubic feet (70.9 cubic feet with the rear seats down)
- "Best Retained Value Award" from Edmunds.com
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety "Top Safety Pick" winner
- Five-star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- MSRP: Starting at $22,495
*Based on 2012 EPA mileage estimates. Use for comparison purposes only. Do not compare to models before 2008. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.